DDB is always looking for qualified candidates for positions in both our design and construction teams. We pride ourselves in an engaging and passionate work environment. DDB is committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
DDB Inc is seeking a resourceful, and ambitious architect in training to join our team. The Job Captain reports directly to the Principal in the architecture studio with support from Project Managers.
As a Job Captain you are a key member of the studio team. You will be working on multiple projects throughout various phases of the design process. The ideal candidate is an individual who is curious, resourceful, eager to learn. You are an effective communicator who listens and contributes to a creative design dialogue.
- Taking architectural projects from “Contract to Close,” with oversight from the Principal.
- Thoughtfully pursue multiple projects simultaneously, utilizing the skills of your teammates when needed, and ensuring their timely completion.
- Attending the weekly Design Studio Meeting on Monday mornings, arriving prepared to discuss progress to date, and that upcoming weeks’ goals.
- Preparing architectural drawings using AutoCAD, Revit, Rhino, and Sketchup.
- Reaching out regularly for redlining from other studio members.
- In turn, providing editing and revisions for other studio members when requested.
- Working with our primary renderer, to develop project imagery and ensure that it meets client’s expectations.
- Creating complete sets of floor plans per instruction or per customer specification in accordance with internal drafting standards.
- Coordinating with outside consultants and facilitating very clear communication between multiple parties (ie. has the Title24 consultant received all of the new drawings that include the Structural Engineers comments).
- Revising architectural plans as marked and thoroughly communicate to team members that are affected by any changes
- Successfully present plans and expedite permits through Building and Planning Departments.
- Tracking the progress of all project submittals with local jurisdictions.
- Responding to city comments with input from the Principal.
- Meeting with the Billing team to review your projects’ contracts, billable hours, and budgets.
- Learning additional software when necessary on a reasonable timeline.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- The ability to work calmly under pressure, complete deadlines, switch priorities as needed, and have an eye for details.
- Have 4-8 years of home-building related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Architecture or Drafting/Design
- Valid California driver’s license
- Advanced computer skills
- Solid written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clients, staff, and the Principal.
- Perform accurate, consistent, and detail-oriented work
- Highly motivated, be a go-getter, willing to stay late to meet a deadline
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to a daily work schedule is required – setting the standard for the office design team
- Follow direction from the Principal
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Ability to accept constructive feedback
- Ability to work effectively with and through others.
Job Type: Full-Time 40 Hours per week
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Compensation: Competitive Rates DOE
Benefits: Health insurance matching for Group Medical, 401K
Time off: Paid Holidays Paid sick days, PTO accrued at 10 days annually
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio
to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in the subject line