DDB is always looking for qualified candidates for positions in both our design and construction teams. We pride ourselves in an engaging and passionate work environment. DDB is committed to expanding opportunities for all employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic. Each person is valued for his or her talents, expertise, experience and perspective.
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
DDB is seeking a responsible, self-motivated experienced architect for full-time employment. We are looking for an individual who is not only CAD-proficient and detail-oriented, but who also listens to and contributes to a creative design dialogue, and who likes to experiment with new ideas and materials. The candidate must be able to take direction and as well as work independently as needed. They will also need to be a team player and take responsibility for work assigned. Curiosity, resourcefulness & self-motivation are essential.
The Design Director-Architect reports directly to the Principal in the architecture studio with support from other Project Managers and Job Captains.
- Employment type: Full-Time 40 Hours per week
- Compensation: Competitive Rates DOE
- Employee benefits program
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Design and drafting of architectural documents, running from Schematic Design to Construction Documentation
- Management of complete architectural projects, including document control, client interaction, and construction administration
- Management of project delivery timelines
- Management of diverse teams of in-house staff, consultants, and vendors to complete projects
- Facilitation of permits and other municipal approvals
- Development of project presentation materials with the support of design staff, including finished project renderings and diagrams
- Coordination with construction managers and site staff to facilitate procurement and construction processes
- Feasibility research and code reviews for architectural and construction projects
- Working with Principal on supervision of design staff on select projects
- Development and oversight of in-house standards and quality control processes to improve level of project documentation
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Prof. Master’s Degree in Architecture, licensed in CA preferred
- Leadership Position in CA-based firm
- Proficiency in AutoCad, SketchUp, & Adobe Creative Suite
- Detailed oriented, collaborative, and organized