- Marina District Condo RemodelWanting to remodel a cramped condominium in San Francisco’s Marina District, DDB worked with the client and structural engineers to open up the space for entertaining. The kitchen is now open to the living room and foyer to maximize on functionality and ease. Throughout the renovation, DDB worked diligently to preserve the historic elements such as the […]
- ARROWHEAD DRIVE – OAKLAND, CADDB has been hired as the architect to design this single-family home located in the Oakland Hills. This contemporary design built into the hillside offers both amazing views spanning the bay area as well as works to protect the existing creek on the complex site. Through working closely with the client, the house has several […]
Design Draw Build architects and contractors are a highly adaptable, fully-integrated design + build team. Rooted in the practicalities of construction, our dynamic design process has grown into a practice that emphasizes economy, creativity and excellence in both design and finished construction. We bring diverse interests and experience to our range of projects – residences, education centers, religious buildings, international clinics, historic renovations, custom furniture, and temporary festival architecture. Our small design and construction management team assures close personal attention to the wants and needs of each client. We are driven by restless curiosity about the built world, desire for experimentation, and deep respect for nature.
We design and build through a process that weaves together education, social justice and sustainability, producing beautiful structures that activate the landscapes and communities in which we build.
- We believe that active participation in the entire process, from design to construction, is essential to producing conscientious, dynamic designs that meet the needs of clients, whether clients are the community, boards, or private owners.
- We believe that our condition as craftsmen exposes us to the vulnerabilities of the physical world, and that such vulnerability and risk is essential for good design.
- We believe that good design essentially contributes to dignity and justice, and that as designers we have a significant role to play in bringing forth a more desirable and equitable world.
- We believe in honoring the dynamic, pre-existing natural and social contexts in which our projects occur, and that these contexts should shape the design and construction process.
CA Contractor’s License #1011701