- SYMB.IODDB designed, project managed, and built the interior design of the entrance and meeting room of Symb.io in Emeryville, CA. The company, located in a 1950’s brick mill warehouse, wanted a more formal, private meeting space. The design incorporated an existing shipping container to define the meeting room from the rest of the open warehouse […]
- NOPA District, San Francisco Condominium RemodelDDB transformed the base floor unit of a condominium in the NOPA neighborhood of San Francisco. This full design-build scope lets us understand the ins and outs of this building. DDB updated this space to fit the lifestyle of a modern, urban-living family while preserving the characteristics and features this 1900s building. YEAR: 2017 PROJECT […]
Design Draw Build architects and contractors are a highly adaptable, fully-integrated design + build team. Rooted in the practicalities of construction, our dynamic design process has grown into a practice that emphasizes economy, creativity and excellence in both design and finished construction. We bring diverse interests and experience to our range of projects – residences, education centers, religious buildings, international clinics, historic renovations, custom furniture, and temporary festival architecture. Our small design and construction management team assures close personal attention to the wants and needs of each client. We are driven by restless curiosity about the built world, desire for experimentation, and deep respect for nature.
We design and build through a process that weaves together education, social justice and sustainability, producing beautiful structures that activate the landscapes and communities in which we build.
- We believe that active participation in the entire process, from design to construction, is essential to producing conscientious, dynamic designs that meet the needs of clients, whether clients are the community, boards, or private owners.
- We believe that our condition as craftsmen exposes us to the vulnerabilities of the physical world, and that such vulnerability and risk is essential for good design.
- We believe that good design essentially contributes to dignity and justice, and that as designers we have a significant role to play in bringing forth a more desirable and equitable world.
- We believe in honoring the dynamic, pre-existing natural and social contexts in which our projects occur, and that these contexts should shape the design and construction process.
CA Contractor’s License #1011701